This whole week, all I’ve been hearing about are these different events going on around the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend. It must be a side effect of Post-Labor-Day-Syndrome — you know, when you realize summer is for sure over and now it’s time to get back to business? So consider this weekend your last hurrah. Indulge in (at least) one of these awesome festivals going on. I know I will!
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival: Going on Sept. 11 & 12, there will be chocolate and wine tastings, chef demonstrations, live music and ice cream eating contests! $20 gets you 15 samples.
- Power to the Peaceful in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park is starting today and going on ’til Sunday. It’s an annual humanitarian-arts-music-yoga-sports-food festival. Michael Franti & Spearhead, Rebelution, the American Idol chick & more cool artists are performing. And it only costs $5!
- Follow up the daytime concert with a trip to the Chinatown Night Market Fair in Portsmouth Square from 6-11PM this Sat. After a three year absence, it’s back with more bargains, entertainment and art than ever before. If you can’t make it this weekend, it’s going on every Saturday until Oct. 9.
- On the Peninsula, Mountain View is hosting their annual Art & Wine Festival on Sept. 11 & 12. It takes place on Castro St. and includes art from 600 artists, live music, custom brews, margaritas, mojitos and wine, football on a big outdoor screen and food from lots of local eateries.
- If you’re into art, check out the North Coast Studio Discovery Tour, a free self-guided tour through 40 Sonoma Coast artists’ studios. They’ll be opening their doors from 10AM-5PM on Sept. 11 & 12, demonstrating their processes and even sharing their art from back-in-the-day.
Now go and have yourself a fabulous weekend!
Photo from the BARE Magazine Blog.