Happy Friday, kids! Let’s see what’s on tap for this weekend:
- Miss out on SF Oktoberfest? Not to worry, you can get your beer-guzzling on at the Peninsula Oktoberfest tomorrow in Redwood City. It’s all going down at Courthouse Square from noon til 8PM and will include an eclectic mix of local bands, food vendors and -duh- beer.
- The 15th Annual Berlin & Beyond Film Festival starts tonight at the Castro Theater in San Francisco. It goes on until the 28th and will include a variety of new cinema from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Must-sees: Germany’s 2011 Oscar entry When We Leave and Germany’s first RealD 3D film Animals United 3D. Tickets per film are the normal price ($11-13).
- What better reason to head north than the Calistoga Blues Fest, taking place all weekend? The whole town will be alive with music from tonight — Calistoga Night Out, with 15 local bars playing live blues — until Sunday’s Blues N’ Brunch. It’s all free, unless you want to do some wine tasting ($30 for 10 tastings).
Interesting Internet Findings
- The Michelin Guide just came out with their 2011 Bib Gourmand picks for the San Francisco Bay Area. The awards go to restaurants they deem affordable — aka: two diners can order two entrees and wine for under $40. Inhabit’s favorite award-winners? Well since you asked: A 16 in San Francisco, the girl & the fig in Sonoma, Sumika in Los Altos and Bottega in Napa.
- I want to give a shout-out to Snooth. They’re basically a friendly, wine-obsessed version of Wikipedia. They have an endless amount of information of wine varietals, wine regions, wineries — you name it. Curious about Northern Rhone Syrahs?
Over & out. Have a splendid weekend, fellow Inhabitants!
Photo from Sound on Sight.