Happy Friday, everyone! You know what Sunday is? That’s right — it’s Halloween. This entire post is dedicated to this scary, outrageous and weird holiday. Enjoy, or else! Muahaha!
- Today: If you live in the North Bay, by all means — get over to the Occidental Harvest Market Festival (from 4 – 7PM). The “grand finale” of the Occidental Bohemian Farmers Market, the Festival will include gourmet food, Day of the Dead shrines, belly dancers, live music and more!
- Saturday: Rocky Horror Halloween in San Jose. Forget catching a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show, see it live! The live cast, Barely Legal brings the action to Camera 3 Cinema in downtown San Jose. There’ll also be costume contests and prizes. Tickets = $10. Starts at midnight.
- Saturday: In the mood for a Halloween with a dash of sophistication? Head to Bar Agricole, the hip, uber-organic gastropub in SoMa, for an evening of fine food (via prix fixe menu) and costumes. The theme of the evening is the 1960s show, The Prisoner (see photo). If you dress up, you get $5 off your meal! ($35 instead of $40.)
- Sunday: Celebrate Halloween with the entire town of Petaluma during their Halloween Trick-or-Trail from 3 – 5:30PM on Sunday. Sixty downtown businesses will be passing out trick-or-treat candy and other goodies, so find some small children to bring if you want any of it!
Spooky Internet Findings
- Hellraiser. Bloodied Brains. Friendly Ghost. These are just some of the frighteningly delicious shooters featured on “The Intoxicologist is In.” Best part? Each shot only requires three ingredients. Easy as pumpkin pie!
- CNN writes that this year, 40% of respondents plan on dressing up for Halloween, as opposed to only 33% last year. And what will they be dressing as? Lady Gaga and Snooki — frightening indeed!
And that’s all I got. Have a ghoulish Halloween weekend, fellow Inhabitants!