Welcome to Friday! Well, I must say the internet was very amusing this week. Check out what we came across when we weren’t working were browsing the internet for work-related things.
Local (and not-so-local) Events
- The annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival commences today, and continues through Sunday in Golden Gate Park, SF. You’ve probably surmised this from the name, but the fest features bluegrass bands, as well as any other type of music you can imagine (like Elvis Costello and Fountains of Wayne). Plus, it’s free!
- Feel like a little last-minute trip? Head out to the historic Gold Rush town of Murphy’s, CA (about 2.45 hrs from San Francisco) for their hardcore, event-packed Calaveras Grape Stomp. There’ll be competitive grape stomping, delicious food, wine tasting, auctions and live entertainment. (Lodging options here.)
Interesting Internet Findings
- Came across this ridiculously cool “Balancing Barn” in Suffolk, England (pictured above). Nearing completion, this “Barn” is part of the Living Architecture Project, a series of incredible vacation rentals — yes, this place is a vacation rental! — designed by famous and up-coming architects around the UK. And I though our vacation rental barn was cool!
- The LOL-inducing blog, Awkward Family Photos, recently teamed up with Virgin America to host a contest. Basically, you submit your most awkward family photos (we know you’ve got ’em!) by Oct. 5. The TWENTY photos with the most votes will get 33.3% off up to 6 tickets to Orlando, FL. And the most awkward photo of them all gets four round-trip tickets to anywhere Virgin flies. I suggest some riffling-through-old-photos ASAP!
- Have a random, un-used corner of your house (or an entire room)? Sunset Magazine has a guide on how to design and create a wine tasting wall. “It can”– they say — “easily become an essential part of the home.” And that’s why I’m not making one!
Over & out. Have a fabulous weekend, fellow Inhabitants!
Photo from Living Architecture.