We’re starting a Friday tradition where we post links of interest from around the Internet. That way, even if your only vacation this week is Saturday and Sunday, you can still explore and get inspired.
- A popular tweet from this week was about The Vacation Gals’ tips for doing a home exchange. One bit of advice I completely agree with is: “If you are a heat wimp, make sure to get air conditioning on a summer trip.” It’s just not worth it to be hot and miserable! Read the full post here.
- We also discovered (and quickly became obsessed with) OneFineStay — London’s self-proclaimed “unhotel.” Basically, you stay in someone’s London home when they’re out of town, while also enjoying all the advantages of a hotel like the concierge, maid services, etc. It’s very cool. Check out their site here.
- Next up, we ran across this article about the world’s largest underwater sculpture park that’ll be opening in Cancun, Mexico. We love snorkeling — especially in the crystal-clear, glistening waters of the Caribbean — but underwater sculptures of people tied up in a circle? Kinda creepy… Feast your eyes here.
- Travel+Leisure also just posted a slide show of “America’s Best Music Cities.” It’s pretty interesting. Some of them you would never expect, like Scottsdale… a.k.a. The City Where Everyone’s Grandparents Live. Check it out here.
- Finally, who doesn’t love the hilarious story of JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater? When you’re absolutely done dealing with flight passengers’ attitude, the only option (obviously) is to grab a beer and activate the emergency-evacuation chute. Bold. Full story here.
Photo credit: Jane from OneLoveBarbados