Welcome to Friday! We’ve come across some great events going on this weekend around the San Francisco Bay Area (and a little further south), and some interesting stuff on the internet. Let’s see what’s brewing! (Get it, brewing? See the photo below…)
- Oktoberfest by the Bay: Even though we couldn’t make it to Germany for the real thing, we can still celebrate beer-hall-style all weekend long. Oktoberfest by the Bay includes live German music, dancing, German food and of course — beer! Tickets are $30.
- Northern California Renaissance Faire: “Escape to romance and revelry” at the NorCal Renaissance Faire hosted at Casa de Fruta in Hollister (a mammoth-sized fruit stand that in itself, deserves a trip). It’s going on for the next three weekends and includes jousting matches, blown glass, Celtic music — everything your heart desires!
Interesting Internet Findings
- Video: ‘The Unseen Sea.’: Artist Simon Christen captured some beautiful time lapses of the famous San Franciscan fog and put it into a fantastic little video. Gives you a little different perspective on this fog that we all hate…
- BMW’s Art Cars: Since 1975, BMW has been commissioning famous artists to use their cars as canvases, covering them with whatever crazy designs they want. The finished product is pretty cool, and sure makes a BMW more appealing (but that’s my personal opinion). See them all on BMW’s website.
- Travel + Leisure’s ‘Best Travel Websites’: A really useful guide to bookmark. They recommend everything from airline booking sites to hotel review sites. Maybe some day they’ll recommend Inhabit!